Cultural Activities / Events
- Activities that enhance social interaction – Serbian Coffee
- Activities that enable a person to achieve their creative potential and self-expression – Artist
- Activities that assist physical health and exercise – Physio
- Activities that engage the brain – cross word
- Activities that restore and reinforce long held skills, abilities and knowledge – make soup
- Activities that provide multisensory stimulation – cultural dancing
- Activities that are less physical such as sitting, watching and reflecting –
- Outdoor activities that can be undertaken in the evening when the light is fading – watering garden
Throughout the year the family head takes great care to set aside time and make the necessary preparations to celebrate Krsna Slava. On the eve of Slava Day, it is the practise of community centres to invite their friends.
When guests arrive they are greeted with the words: God Help You, May you have a Happy Slava! “ Pomozi Bog, Srecna vam Slava!” care recipients, guests and community members derive much pleasure from the Saint’s Day.
Slava Day is a beautiful expression of the orthodox faith and one that is deep-seated in the Serbian spirit and is especially characteristic of its national being.
Other activities on the day will include Priest blessing of the breads and staff, Serbian music, dance groups and the provision of Serbian cuisine.
A 30 minute movie / DVD depicting Slava Day Celebration is available.
As well the movie is available to download from this site
Pennwood delivers intergenerational programs with the local Primary and Secondary schools. Serbian children dance groups attend and recite Serbian poetry and sing.
Recreation and Sport
Residents and staff members share banter around the Port Adelaide and Crows football teams.
White City FC (link) is also a close partner of Pennwood.