Pennwood Home Care has been approved to deliver Home Care Packages (HCP) to people that wish to remain at home, but may need some assistance in remaining independent. We provide packages and private services to frail aged. We cater for people of all backgrounds with special focus on those of Serbian or Eastern European background. Pennwood’s focus is on reablement and wellness to ensure that our clients remain in their home for as long as possible.
The funded Home Care Packages are delivered on Consumer Directed Care (CDC) basis with individualised budgets to enable older people and their carers to have greater control over service delivery, products and services.
To receive care through a Home Care Packages the older person needs to be assessed by ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team) to determine the care level required. A referral can be made through My Aged Care by yourself, your family members or your doctor on 1800 200 422.
Consumers may be asked to pay a basic fee of up to 17.5% of the single basic age pension, plus an income-tested care fee if your income is over a certain amount. You can find more information about this at My Aged Care – Costs Explained or feel free to call us directly to discuss your circumstances.
More information about this process can be found through the following links:
Your guide to home care package services – Brochure in English and 17 other languages
Services that Pennwood Home Care can be provide include:
- Emotional support in adjusting to increased dependency. This includes support for consumers with cognitive impairment. Support for carers is also available.
- Cleaning, home and garden maintenance including modifications to the home, such as easy access taps, shower hose or bath rails or advice on areas of concern that may pose safety risks and ways to mitigate these risks. Assistance can also be provided to the consumer, or the home owner, to access technical advice on major home modifications.
- Personal laundry services, including laundering of the consumer’s clothing and bedding that can be machine‑washed, and ironed and arranging dry cleaning for items that cannot be machine washed.
- Transport and personal assistance to help the consumer maintain personal affairs, shop, visit health practitioners, attend social and community activities and other out-of-home services.
- Rehabilitative support, or helping to access rehabilitative support, to meet a professionally determined therapeutic need
- Providing 24-hour on-call access to an emergency call system if the consumer is assessed as requiring it
- Respite care
- Personal assistance with bathing, showering, dressing and toileting.
- Assistance with mobility and dexterity. Aids including walking frames, walking sticks and wheelchairs can be provided and mechanical lifting equipment for transfer is also available.
- Personal assistance, including individual attention, individual supervision and physical assistance, with communication, arising from impaired hearing, sight or speech, or lack of common language.
- Assistance with preparing meals including special diet for health, religious, cultural or other reasons. Assistance can also be provided through the use of aids and help with feeding if necessary.
- Provision of bandages, dressings, and skin emollients, sheepskins, tri-pillows and pressure relieving mattresses for skin care.
- Assessment for and, if required, assistance in using continence aids and appliances including disposable pads and absorbent aids, commode chairs, bedpans and urinals, catheter and urinary drainage appliances and enemas.
- Assistance with nursing, allied health and therapy services such as speech therapy, podiatry, occupational or physiotherapy services, as well as other clinical services such as hearing and vision services.
- Assistance with access to other health and related services such as referral to health practitioners or other service providers.
- Medication management
If you require any further information about our service, we have put together a Questions and Answers Brochure on Frequently Asked Questions which include:
- Contracts and Fees
- Cultural Diversity
- GP Services
- Palliative Care
- Staffing Levels
Please feel free to contact us on (08) 8341 0401 , mobile 0428 043 133 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your cooperation from Pennwood Home Care Team!