Pennwood Village has been approved to provide extra services so that care recipients can be provided with a higher standard of accommodation and services in return for a higher charge.
However, opting for extra services doesn’t mean you’ll receive a higher standard of nursing care. This is because the Australian Government requires all residential care homes to provide the same high quality care to all their care recipients.
If you opt for extra services at Pennwood Village, the additional amenities and services include:
- Individual single rooms have an average floor area of 16m² or more (excluding ensuite).
- Provision of toilets and showers over and above the ratios for 2008 certification requirements.
- More than 50% of rooms are private single rooms, with options for shared rooms at the request of care recipients, subject to availability.
- Heating and cooling systems for care recipients’ rooms that are able to be controlled by the care recipient.
- An internal lounge / dining / sitting rooms cater for up to 10 care recipients.
- A private function / dining room available to care recipients and visitors .
- Natural light to all areas and views of the gardens and courtyards from the majority of care recipients’ rooms.
- Courtyards, balconies or verandas are accessible to most care recipients.
- Substantial landscaped gardens, readily accessible to care recipients, including care recipients with mobility aids.
- Tea and coffee making facilities can be provided in care recipients’ rooms.
- Sufficient dedicated power points for appliances in care recipients’ rooms (with a minimum of four power sockets).
- Connection is also available for phone, TV (including cable or satellite) and Computer.
- Electric adjustable bed will be provided on care recipients’ requests.
- All meals are prepared by the chef or cook on site using superior quality cuts of meat, fresh vegetables and ingredients. care recipients will also
enjoy an enhanced dining experience by experiencing inviting aromas, the ability to view food before it is served (in dining room), professional meal
presentation and a choice of seating.
- care recipients can exercise choice of time for breakfast, lunch and dinner (each meal available for at least 1.5 hours).
- A choice of dining venues which includes meals served to care recipient’s own room, dining room or a private venue and meals available for guests on request.
- A choice of 2 main courses plus entrée/soup and/or dessert for Lunch and Dinner.
- A choice of quality wine, beer, soft drinks at main meals for Lunch and Dinner.
- Pre-dinner drinks / cocktail time / happy hour at least once a week.
- Selection of snacks and non-alcoholic beverages available 24 hours / day (additional to water, tea/coffee, juices, fruit, biscuits).
- BBQs / special occasion meals will be provided to meet the individual social and cultural needs of care recipients.
Additional personal grooming and beauty services can be provided on a fee for service basis.
- Ladies Pamper Parlour;
- Manicure and Pedicures;
- Old fashioned barber shop grooming service;
- Hairdressing in a dedicated hairdressing salon;
- Full body massage with aromatherapy;
- Provision of escort to outside appointments, as requested by care recipient or family.
Lifestyle and Interests:
- Provision of colour TV, with remote control capability, to each care recipient’s room and large screen colour TV with video / DVD in the lounge area with a
substantial DVD / video library.
- A local or national daily newspaper is provided for each care recipient upon request, with care recipients able to select from a choice of at least two papers. A selection of current issues of weekly and monthly magazines available in the lounge area and a library of books available for care recipients to read.
- Private gardening areas and garden beds for care recipients. A Garden Activity Centre has been designed to accommodate three separate activities with divider walls which enable conversion into one large activity area. The three activity rooms look out on to three separate garden areas which
provide a variety of outdoor spaces including an outdoor BBQ area, a meditation area with a water feature and an interactive garden area for care recipients to participate in gardening activities.
- Separate external buildings available for care recipients’ leisure activities, e.g. workshop, garden shed, gazebo.
- Bus outing and shopping excursions. Staff and volunteers take care recipients on small group or individual shopping trips and visits to local scenic spots are arranged regularly and for special events. care recipients may be asked to pay for the cost of admission to some events or venues.
- A special feature of our service is our strong links with the local Serbian and other Eastern European communities. This includes but is in no way limited to involvement with local schools and colleges, local ethnic groups, church groups and entertainers. These links help to foster closer relationships between our care recipients and the community. Each Wednesday live entertainment and cultural programs, supported by our culturally and linguistically diverse volunteers and staff, celebrate our cultural diversity.